The guys at Tiki Bar Online in conjunction with Burns Tobacconist in Chattanooga, Tennessee are hosting a Cigar Tweet-Up in late August. Here’s some information from Tiki Bar Online:
Friday, August 24, and Saturday, August 25, 2012
Burns Tobacconist, East: 110 Jordan Drive, 423-855-5200
Burns Tobacconist, Downtown: 725 Cherry Street, 423-267-7740
A gathering of the online Cigar Community sponsored by Tiki Bar Online and Stogie Review. Someone asked if “non-Twitter” people could attend the Tweet-Up and the answer is a big “Yes!” While most of us met and are very active on Twitter, plenty of us are also active on Facebook and/or Google+. The main thing here is “the herf” not whether or not you have a Twitter name.
The ticket for the event itself is only $40. What do you get for this ticket? Here’s the info:
- A multipack of cigars (quantity to be determined) in a Humidipak bag
- T-shirt (we’ll ask your size when you order tickets, available up to 4XL)
- Liquor Tasting featuring some fine Tennessee Spirits
- 1 Raffle Ticket (additional raffle tickets available with purchases of at least 10 cigars)
- Discount Card (good at either Burns location all weekend for 5% off all single cigars, up to 19; 20% off all box purchases or purchases of 20 cigars)
- Saturday Dinner at CBC/Burns Downtown Location (food only; drinks not included)
- For the FIRST 100 people, this package will be $40
- Remaining Pre-Sale Tickets: $45
- Day of the Event (if available): $50
But wait, there’s more! For $20 you can also go to a ballgame:
We’ve reserved the right-field pavilion for Friday night’s Lookouts (Minor-League Baseball, affiliate of the Los Angeles Dodgers) game. The pavilion is shaded and has cooling fans and can seat well over the 30 to 40 that came to last year’s game.
$20/ticket (limit of 150 tickets) will get you:
- Admission plus unlimited hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, ice cream and sodas from the buffet.
- $1 Draft Beer through the 7th inning.
- A smoking section adjacent to the seating area…and we’re being told that you can either see the field or that there are TVs set up to watch the game from that area.
There’s also an After Party in the works:
Attendees will also be invited to the After Party, currently in the planning stages…more information on that as it becomes available, including what company will be sponsoring it…
Personally, I would love to attend but I don’t know if I’ll be able to get the time off. If you can get some time off this sounds like a great event and I’m sure it’ll be an even bigger success than the one they had last year.